May 3

ארבעה בנים של ההגדה

Hello,

In class today, we were asked which one of the four sons of the hagadah did we think we relate more to. Let me explain them to you first:

חכם: The smart one who says ” “What is the meaning of the laws and traditions God has commanded?” The hagadah we use states this: “You should teach them all the laws and traditions of Passover, to the very smallest and last details.”

רשע:  The wicked one asks: “What does this ritual mean to you?” The Hagadah that we use states this “By using the expression ‘to you’ he/her excludes himself from his people and denies gods. Shake his arrogance and say to him/her and say ‘It is because of what the Lord did for me when I came out of Egypt…’ ‘For Me’ and not for him — for had he been in Egypt, he/her would not have been freed”

תם: The simple one who asks: “What is all of this?”  The Hagadah we use States: “You should tell him/her It was with a mighty hand that the Lord took us out of Egypt, out  of house bondage,”

שאינו יודע לשאול: The one who doesn’t know how to ask, the hagadah we use states that “you should open the discussion for him/her as it is written:  You should say ‘It is because of what the Lord did for me when I cam out of Egypt”.

From reading a מדרש, it says that these four sons where: שאינו יודע לשאול – babies, תם – A child who keeps learning, רשע – A teenager with grumpy attitude, חכם – The adults. — The Midrash explains the four stages in life–

The one I think I relate to somewhere in between תם because I keep learning but also חכם because I am really smart

Here is a picture of what I think they look like:

Who do you think you identify with, Comment below!

Peace out

עם ישראל חי

Posted May 3, 2024 by starielle in category Gr.5, Jewish Studies, מדרש