inflation

Did you know that Big Macs cost 2.49 dollars in 2000 and now in 2023 they cost a whopping 5.79 dollars? Hello everyone I am peanuts941 I will be talking about INFLATION we will be dividing the information into three topics what is inflation? Is inflation bad and is inflation good?

First, we will be talking about inflation and what inflation is. Inflation usually occurs when the government prints more money. then since there are more bills in the country money gets more common which means money is worth less for example a dollar bill is worth 0.74 American cents but when the government prints more money 1 Canadian dollar could be worth 70 American cents

and since money allows you to get food and items and since money is worth less food is worth more. A good example of this was in Zimbabwe, in Zimbabwe the government printed so much money that eventually there would be a hundred TRILLION dollar banknotes which meant a simple loaf of bread could cost billions of dollars. I hope that makes you understand how crazy inflation is and I hope you understand what inflation is.

My next paragraph will be: is inflation good? Now you might instantly say that inflation is horrible but funnily enough there is an ideal amount of inflation. The ideal amount of inflation is drum roll please…… in the Bank of Canada, the ideal percent of inflation is 2%. To keep inflation low and stable, the Government sets us an inflation target of 2%. This helps everyone think about the future. If inflation is too high or it lowers or increases around a lot it’ll be hard for businesses to set the right amounts of money and for people to plan their money spending.

My final paragraph will be, is inflation bad? As we mentioned in the previous paragraph inflation is not good most of the time but sometimes it can be good as I said the ideal inflation percentage is 2%. Increased inflation discourages saving since it erodes the buying power of saving over time. ` That perspective can encourage consumers to invest as a result, unemployment often denies at first, as inflation climbs. This is the end of my paragraph. 

Hello everyone this is the end of my presentation. Thank you for listening to my presentation. Now before you leave I want to summarize my three points. Paragraph one in this paragraph I told you what inflation is which was answered quite easily inflation is when the government prints money, and money becomes less valuable that is inflation. My next paragraph is, is inflation good yes and no the ideal percentage of inflation is 2 percent. Is inflation bad, yes inflation is bad most of the time but as I said in the last paragraph inflation could be good sometimes. I hope this informs you about inflation and I will see you all later bye.