Classrooms Then and Now – #EdublogsClub Prompt 36

This post is part of the #EdublogsClub – a group of educators and edtech enthusiasts that blog around a common theme each week. Simply write a post and share it to join in, or sign up to receive email reminders of each new prompt. 

Are you following us on Facebook?

We use our page to connect with our Edublogs’ community, and share interesting things that are happening in the world of education, blogging and technology.

Last week, we presented this prompt to our followers.

The prompt generated some interesting reflections from our followers. Let’s try it!

Prompt: What has changed since you were at school?

Think about the classrooms you were a part of as a child and classrooms today. You might like to reflect on:

• What has changed in terms of the curriculum or subject areas taught?
  • What has changed in terms of materials or tools commonly found in classrooms?
  • How have attitudes and standards changed?
  • What do you think classrooms will look like in the future?

We would love to hear a bit about your own experiences at school.

Don’t forget to leave a comment with the link to your blog post.

Happy blogging!

8 thoughts on “Classrooms Then and Now – #EdublogsClub Prompt 36

1. We have moved to iPads in MIddle school. Students seem more interested in playing than focused learning. I am finding their devices limiting in the scope of what I would like to do with W2 tools. I have managed to get students to create web pages about specific topics (laptops). I am keen for students to explore and evaluate the mammoth amount of information on just about any topic we choose. iPads don’t have a clean web builder like Wix.com. Does anyone know of a good one out there lurking in the murky depths?