International Holocaust Remembrance Day 2023

My class has a task to create a log post on International Holocaust Remembrance Day 2023. I chose Compare and Contrast where I compare both videos down below.

Some Were Neighbors: Collaboration and Complicity in the Holocaust 

Who are the Righteous Among the Nations? 

Animated Concepts | Yad Vashem 

Righteous Among the Nations from Monastir 

My opinion on Some Were Neighbors is, I agree with everything the video has to offer but I believe that because it mostly focuses on the bystanders in the holocaust, and because its   

International Holocaust Remembrance Day, there is not much to remember in this video. They do make a few great points like how when they talk about how the bystanders acted about the concentration camps, they talk about how they might have not been able to end the camps, but they had choices.

My opinion on Animated Concepts is they make great points about the rights but they talk less about the nations and more about why they deserve the rights. On the plus side they talk alot about the concept which helped a lot to learn more about the holocaust. Though I find both video’s very interesting I think this one was more of a discussion than a video. 

Both of these videos are very inspiring but I would have to say I enjoyed Rightious among the nations of monastic better. Thank you for reading!