PANIC PLUNGE

I looked up at that terrifying ride, so big and so dizzying to look up at, towering over me. The giant ride seemed like it was looking at me in disbelief,  I was not doing this, I thought. I watched my mom and dad who were motioning for me to come. I shook my head. I am not doing this! I waited for a while and saw a girl coming, don’t worry, she said, I’m not doing it either. I nodded then looked back at my family who were sticking their tongues out at me. I looked back at the ride who was crossing its arms. FINE. I’ll do it! I ran over to them and waited in line for what seemed like forever until I realized I was getting into my seat. We got buckled up and I felt like I was getting ready to launch into space. The ride started moving, going up and up and up. I looked up and noticed that I couldn’t see the top because it was covered. I looked out over Silverwood and saw all the rides. Such a pretty view. All of a sudden the ride stopped and I looked down, BAD IDEA. Then we plunged to our death.

I could no longer feel the seat, my breath was taken away, I couldn’t scream. I was screaming in my head though, the seat belt was tight against my shoulders, my heart in my throat. Then just like that the ride was over it took me a minute to gather myself to get out of the seat then I felt really dizzy and walked out of the line. Ok, not so bad, it was totally worth it!  “Ok.” my mom said, “time for Timber of Terror!”

6 thoughts on “PANIC PLUNGE

1. Hello Reagan! I really liked your personification! I also really liked how your mom said “Time for Timber Terror!” at the end! 😂 Finally, I liked your bold words!

2. Reagan this is one of my favorite rides at Silverwood. Your writing made me feel like I was right there experiencing it with you! What a great fear to conquer. Mrs. White