Blog – Three

Pages Fifty – Sixty Six

Prompt Thirty-Four

I like how the author talks about how his family is dealing with the war, and discrimination between the Germans and Jewish. Although his family was Jewish, the Nazis Leon’s father had worked with, didn’t really do much to their family because they were able to speak German. They changed his father’s job to a translator between them and the Christian Poles. As Leon continued losing friends because of him being a Jew, one night two men from the Gestapo barged into his home with his family there and brutal hit his father and Leon stood watching, mortified. After his father threatened to tell the Nazis what they were doing, he was sent off without the family knowing. Leon and his brother David spent man days, weeks, looking for their father but never got anywhere. After approaching one of the men that beat their father, Leon asks him where he was and eventually, he tells his brother and they find him in a prison. After a while, their father was released and shortly after he got hired by he never knew he would get hired by, also known as Oskar Schindler. With the author describing all of this, it gives me an insight in how his family is feeling and their reaction to everything. This, for me shows me, how hard and brutal discrimination was just because of a religion. I feel I wouldn’t want to live anywhere near that country of city because I would want my family or myself to live a horrifying, unforgiving life.