Where is your life

Where Am I

Online, I have connections: a neighborhood [or several] in which I can visit, share, collaborate, and celebrate with people all over the world. It’s easiest to find my friends, my PLN [personal learning network] on Twitter, especially at #clmooc, #etmooc, #doodleinstitute, and recently #blogamonth and #cccwrite. I participate in only 2 small groups on Facebook, which is my least favorite online space. Google Plus, Twitter, and blogs connect most of my “people.”

In my map, a watercolor wash of purple and purple lettering, shows where the main parts of my online life exists: connections for people with similar interests in writing, teaching, learning, calligraphy, art, doodling. Although retired after 31 years of teaching, mostly to amazing middle school language arts students, I still appreciate the learning and collaborating with educators. I even work a little, mentoring newbies in teaching with technology and blogging [See Jennifer Gonzalaz’s JumpStart for Tech], which keeps me online daily.

News and shopping of course take up a small portion of my internet wanderings.

And the family iMessage chat is forever chiming in, keeping our geographically apart family together.

A New Neighborhood

And yesterday, Kevin Hodgson tweeted to #clmooc about #netnarr, which I have seen him post frequently about last year. His reflection and invitation in his blog: Clicking the Restart Button  shares some of his work — which will make you want to join in the #netnarr adventure as well.

NetNarr is this interesting course — which invites you to join too! — with Digital Alchemy and unicorns. Since my heritage includes fairies, anyplace with unicorns draws my attention. And the openness is like #clmooc – just jump in as you can, and learn with the students.

Meadow Fairy

Today, this tweet offered more information

So through my PLN, I will occasionally add to my understanding of this digital world as I mix a few bits and bytes with the #netnarr neighborhood.

You’re invited too! Join here and you can find and map where you are in the “internet” too.

Where are you?

My images on Flickr

Internet Map

Fairy

Connect Kindly

Existence