Several studies have been published over the past month related to the idea of how individual members of a group (co-workers, students) can do better cooperating in a supportive atmosphere than if everybody is working on their own.

I’ve published several posts about them and, as I’ve said in those posts, they go along with a push I made late in the last school year on “Everybody Is A Teacher.”

Here are links to those posts, along with some other related resources (I’ll be putting them all together into a lesson that I’ll share at a later date):

Bingo! There Are Issues With This Study On Grit & ELLs, But I Am Sure Going To Use It With My Students

“Everyone Is A Teacher” Is A New Engagement Strategy I’m Using & It Seems To Be Working

Intriguing Research On How To Increase Intrinsic Motivation

Focusing On The Impact Classroom Disruptions Have On Others, Not On The Students Doing The Disrupting

Here is an article I wrote for Education Week (which was later reprinted in The Washington Post) that includes an activity I do at the beginning of each school year to help students decide if they want to be a “classroom of students” or a “community of learners.”

For English-Learners, a Positive Side to Peer Pressure is from Ed Week.

“How Diversity Makes Us Smarter”

Statistic Of The Day: Diversity Helps Us Learn

Two Good Videos To Help Develop A Positive Classroom Culture

Another related resource is The Best Resources For Teaching & Learning About The “Helper’s High.”

The Impact of Peer Personality on Academic Achievement is the title of a new study.

“How Smart Do You Make Others Around You?” Has Been A Useful Question For Me To Ask In Class

Study Finds Unique Way To Promote Student Self-Control

The Impact Of Rudeness On A Class

What A Great Article On The Power Of Being A Good Listener

The Golden State Warriors & Social Emotional Learning

You might also be interested in The Best Resources On Students Having A “Purpose For Learning”

Study: People Are More Engaged & Creative If They Trust The People They Are Working With….

Here’s Why Anxiety Contagion Is Inescapable is from The Cut.

New Study Finds That Using Cellphones During Lectures Hurt Exam Scores, But That’s Not The Most Important Result

My Team Asks Each Other This 1 Question Every Week, and It Changed Our Culture for the Better is from Inc.

Here Are Video Clips For New SEL Lessons – Help Me Find More

The Best Video Clips Showing That Working Together Can Help You Accomplish More Than Working Alone – Help Me Find More

Come Together: A Thematic Collection of Times Articles, Essays, Maps and More About Creating Community is from The NY Times Learning Network.

If I can do it, so can you! Peer effects on perseverance is a new study.

STUDY FINDS POSITIVE STUDENT CLASSROOM BEHAVIOR CAN HAVE POWERFUL IMPACT ON PEERS

NEW TED TALK VIDEO: “WHY BEING NICE TO YOUR COWORKERS IS GOOD FOR BUSINESS” (& THE CLASSROOM)

The “Kindness Contagion” & The Classroom

6 Ways to Get to Know Your Students and Build a Classroom Community is from Edutopia.

Rekindling a Sense of Community at Work is from The Harvard Business Review.

5 Get-To-Know-You Activities For Building Community and Connection This Fall is from Learners Edge.

Feel free to make other suggestions….