MCAS Interview

Chickering Student Radio 

Do you ever wonder why we do MCAS? In this interview we asked a fifth grade teacher some questions on MCAS to get a background of it. If you want to think MCAS as “fun” listen to this interview.

Reported by Ethan and Boden

One thought on “MCAS Interview

1. Dear Ethan and Boden,
    You did a wonderful job interviewing Mrs. McLaughlin regarding MCAS exams. You had a nice group of questions to help your listeners understand MCAS. If you did this again, I would suggest you explain what MCAS exams are and who are tested. For instance, MCAS stands for Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System. These exams are required by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education in the state of Massachusetts. In Elementary school, students in grades 3, 4, and 5 take exams in English Language Arts and Math; 5th grade has an additional test in Science; most tests are 2-days for each subject. Remember, you readers/listeners are not all from Massachusetts or the U.S.A. and don’t know anything about these exams.
    I’m looking forward to seeing your next post. I hope you have enjoyed your work in Chickering Reporters this year.
    Fondly,
    Mrs. Chase (your ‘old librarian’)