Happy New Year!

We’re excited to share some of the most significant improvements to Edublogs and Edublogs Campus in years!

A New Modern Look And Feel

You’ll immediately notice in your dashboard a brand new coat of paint.

newdash

Don’t worry, everything is exactly where it was before, but the new design is more modern and more importantly…

Mobile Friendly Dashboard

While our apps for iOS and Android work great, sometimes you might want to quickly write a post or check your blog’s dashboard from your web browser.

And now you can!

android

You can upload images or take pictures with your device’s camera right in the dashboard too.

Plus, if you are using our apps, you have an option to open the full dashboard experience, which is now much better as well.

Now students have no excuse not to get their posts submitted no matter where they are! ;)

Color Schemes

Hover over your name in the top right corner and choose ‘Edit My Profile’ and you’ll see options for different color schemes as well.

colors

A nice touch, we think.

The New Plugin Experience

Visit the ‘Plugins’ menu item and you’ll also notice a dramatic new way of searching for and discovering plugins.

plugins

A little preview, now that the Plugin experience is much improved, we hope to concentrate on adding many new ones over the coming months, so stay tuned!

About Ronnie Burt

Manages the Edublogs, CampusPress, and WPMU DEV Hosting services. Former secondary math teacher and wannabe musician. Follow @ronnieburt on twitter!

1. G’day Ronnie,
    Love the changes but when I used to login to a blog that was designated a class blog, I used to be able to see if any student blogs had posts or comments pending. This doesn’t appear anymore on my dashboard. Is there something I need to change in the settings?

• Sue Wyatt
    • Hi Sue, we’re still working on a good way to make that work again – it was kinda ‘clunky’ before in the limited space we have on the dashboard.

While we work out the best way (as that is important!), the best option is to click on the “My Sites” page and use the filter there to see blogs that need moderation.

• Ronnie Burt
      • i am with ronnie. :)

• jhonyyon
  2. Love the new look! As you said, it’s a more modern look and feel. It has been well-received by the students as well.

• Stephen Harte