This is a big development for us here at Edublogs, so if you’ll excuse a small fanfare (trumpets etc.) we give you Edublogs Supporter :)

edublogs supporter

As you know, Edublogs is free of charge and free of advertising, and we’ve been giving a great deal of thought to how we can continue to grow the site, buy more hardware and develop functionality and resources while keeping it exactly that way… and this is one of the ways we are going to do that.

As an Edublogs Supporter you get extra features (like brilliant Twitter and FeedBurner integration), extra storage, listing on the front page of Edublogs (we select 10 random Supporters every hour) and a warm feeling inside that you’re supporting the provision of free, advertising free, tools and resources for teachers, librarians, researchers and, of course, students the world over. All of the current features are listed here.

And we’re going to be adding many many more features too… in fact, if you can think of some which would persuade you to sign up as a supporter let us know about them in the comments below!

So we hope you’ll give it a go, if you sign up for a yearly Supporter account it’s only just over 6 cents a day (25 credits) and you can also sign up for one (5 credits) and three (10 credits) months if you’d just like to give it a try.

Oh, and we’ve also bumped up our standard space upgrade to 3 Gigs.

There’s more information here and we’d love to get your feedback and suggestions below or in the forums.

1. Pingback: incorporated subversion - education, media, community » Blog Archive » Say howdy to Edublogs Supporter

2. This is a great idea, James, and the least we Edublogs users should do — even without getting the upgrades!

Larry

3. Cheap at twice the price James. Tell me how to sign up & send the bill.

Love your work :-))

Carol

4. Heh, maybe we should have made it more ;)

Just hurry along to ‘Upgrades’ on your main navigation bar when you;re logged in.

BTW, you guys also need to visit ‘My Profile’ and upload a user avatar for comments (like these)

5. Orright orright – I did the darned avatar.

Just paid over the 25 bucks & will support you gladly for 12 months & onwards.

CD

6. Very good :) Supporters are now listed on the frontpage too (bottom left) but we’ll make them more prominent with the next tweakdesign.

7. Pingback: Introducing Edublogs Supporter

8. Sweet – delighted to support such a great platform.
    (found it a bit of a leap of faith to get the supporter upgrade).
    Had I known it was only one dollar per credit would have done more ;-)
    Fang

9. Hi
    I just subscribed to the new service as a way to support your work, James.
    I have said it before, but I appreciate the platform and the advice and the opportunities for connect with others in the network.
    Peace,
    Kevin

10. Pingback: Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… » Sorry About The Feedburner Post

11. am one of your biggest supporters already and will upgrade as soon as I’m out of this workshop! I’m SO excited about the twitter feature.

• Kate Olson
  12. Thanx :) Yeh, the twitter feature is pretty impressive, would love to hear your feedback.

13. I’m with you James I just upgraded with pleasure.

I love my blog and your efforts just keep me pushing myself in this world to new heights!

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• blk1
  14. I don’t mind paying $25 for all the great information we get here on edublogs. Hopefully you will get some more from my school as I have started promoting my blog,

15. I became an edublog supporter but I don’t see myself on the honor roll list of supporters. Did I do something wrong?
    Bonnie

• blk1
  16. I’m proud to be an Edublogs Supporter, James:-)

Gail

17. James,
    James,
    Great idea for Edublog supporters! I’m new to the community, but am proud to become an edublogs supporter and just subscribed. $25 per year is definitely worth it for contributing towards this powerful learning environment for students, teachers and researchers.

The twitter feature sounds quite cool. And extra storage is always good.

Best,
    Kevin

• kevin77
  18. OK, I’m in James. Thanks for making it an option. I figure I get enough value out of Edublogs that it’s worth being a paid up, card carrying member. :-)

19. I, too, am in because I appreciate the chance to say “Thanks!” In the nearly 2 years I’ve been part of it, you’ve just kept on making Edublogs better. Thanks, James! –Paul

20. Like Chris (see above), I too appreciate the fact that you have made it optional – it seems like a small price to pay for such a great service.

Many thanks James – you are a star!

21. I just upgraded – yay! I love the badge, very cool. I’ll be testing out the twitter features very soon. I agree with the others – thanks for making it optional. I can pay the $$ for my personal blog, but wouldn’t be able to for my school blogs. Thanks again for doing what you do, James!

• Kate Olson
  22. Thanx Guys :)

There should be lots more supporter features on the way soon too.

23. Perdonad que escriba aquí, que quizás no sea el sitio adecuado, pero es la única manera de contactar con vosotros.
    Soy un profesor de Magisterio de la Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, en Toledo (España). Estoy realizando actualmente una investigación para poder completar mi tesis. Trata sobre la utilización de los Blogs en Educación, o como prefiero llamarlo, sobre los Edublogs.
    Para poder llegar a algunas conclusiones generalizables necesitaría que colaborarais conmigo. Y es para esto para lo que solicito vuestra ayuda. En principio simplemente se trataría de rellenar un brevísimo cuestionario por parte del profesor creador del Blog y de sus alumnos/as valorando la influencia de su edublog en algunos aspectos educativamente importantes.
    Por favor, si están dispuestos a colaborar, les ruego me escriban un email a JoseFrancisco.Duran@uclm.es para que les pueda enviar en un archivo adjunto el cuestionario y luego me lo devuelvan relleno.
    Muchísimas gracias.
    En Toledo tenéis un amigo (y aprovecho para invitaros a visitar esta preciosa ciudad).
    Un abrazo.

24. Lo siento, no hablo español (esto es a través de google) y que realmente no tienen una gran español de lectores – probablemente el mejor que puede hacer es tratar de contactar con algunos edublogs escrito en español y les pido ayuda

25. Hi- I am one of the organizers of Podcamp NYC 2.0, April 25 & 26th, being held at Polytechnic University in Brooklyn. We’re having an education focus for this podcamp, and want to make sure we are doing more than just showing teachers how to use new media tools, but emphasize why these tools can help them in the classroom.
    After attending Educon 2.0 this Spring, it’s become clear to me teachers need to know just more than how to record an mp3 for a podcast- they need to know when audio might enhance a lesson, or how a wiki might help her students share information and accomplish more in group projects. And more than anything, we have to show them why developing a community in the classroom will enhance learning and satisfaction in teaching, as well.
    I’d love to talk to you about this some more- if you are interested, please drop me an email to the address above, or to pcnyc2@gmail.com.
    You can find out more information about Podcamp NYC 2.0, a free unconference, at http://www.podcampnyc.org.