Powering 2,790,428 Edublogs since 2005

Blogging for teachers and students, made easy    ...find out more

Privacy and Security

We offer an unrivaled suite of tools providing for every possible level of access ranging from completely public to completely private.

Here’s what you’ll see when visiting a private blog!

Login page for a private blog

Privacy options

Privacy Options For Blog Owners

Edublogs Pro and Campus blog users can select from the following privacy options via Settings > Privacy:

• I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers
  • I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors
  • I would like only logged in users to see my blog
  • I would like only logged in users who are registered subscribers to see my blog
  • I would like only administrators of this blog, and network to see my blog

Site Admin > Options menuPrivacy Options for Campus Owners

Edublogs Campus owners control the privacy of all the blogs on their entire site via Site Admin > Options and can select following privacy options for their entire site:

• Allow all visitors to all blogs – blogs visible to any one visiting the blog
  • Block search engines from all blogs, but allow normal visitors to see all blogs
  • Only allow logged in users to see all blogs.
  • Only allow a registered user to see a blog for which they are registered to (even if a user is logged in, they must be a user of the individual blog in order to see it)
  • Only allow administrators of a blog to view the blog for which they are an admin

As a Campus owner you can choose to allow or not allow Blog Administrators to modify the privacy setting for their own blog(s).

And on the off chance, you change your mind about your privacy option you can easily change the privacy setting and apply the new change to all blogs on your Campus site.

Example of a Campus site