features

wpex1.gif

edublogs.org provides free, fully functional WordPress blogs hosted on our dedicated top-of-the range server. With these you can create individual posts in a traditional blog-style, pages of static content indexed in your sidebar and select from any number of themes to give life to your new blog.

wpex3.gif In addition to this you can upload up to 25MB of images, audio, documents, powerpoints or other digital material you want to share. Posting these is as simple as dragging and dropping them to your posting window.

And of course you can link to or bring in any larger audio or image files that you uplaod anywhere else on the web, such as ourmedia.org – so you can have that 20 MB podcast up and running in no time :)
wpex4.gifThematically you’ve got an awful lot of choices too. Currently we offer over 60 different (and rather cool) themes at edublogs.org and we’re adding more all the time. What’s more, many of these themes will allow you to edit the header, decide which pieces of content you want in your sidebar and generally rock your world.

And that’s not all, there’s a comprehensive (the most comprehensive) link manager, complete control over comments, choices about the number of posts to display on your front page and in your feed, profiles, plugins to fix you up with tools like Google Analytics to get your web stats, multi-user and group blogging simply done through the use of the ‘Users’ area and plenty plenty more besides!

So what are you waiting for, create your new edublog now and get posting!

wpex2.gif

Happy (belated) first birthday edublogs.org

Ooops, I missed it!
On July 31st (for some reason I though it was August 31st) Edublogs.org turned one.

For a first birthday I’ve done the usual things, told her how wonderful she is, promised her the world and… perhaps not so normally… bought her another brand new dual-core server with 4 Gig of RAM :) So with any luck you should notice a considerable improvement in performance from now on!

If you’re interested here are the stats for the whole site so far… reckon I’ll be adding to that server soonish.

Subscribe by email plugin

We’ve been having some problems with the ‘Subscribe 2’ subscribe by email plugin in terms of people receiving updates to blogs they haven’t subscribed to and being unable to unsubscribe… consequently I’ve turned it off and will be testing for a solution in the near future. Apologies for any inconvenience.

In the meantime you could always try Feedblitz.

Reducing the spam load

I’ve installed two plugins for whopping spam that you can turn on through your ‘Plugins’ menu.

They are ‘auto-close comments’ and ‘auto-close trackbacks’ and will automatically close comments and trackbacks on all posts over 21 days in age… I use it myself at incorporated subversion and it’ll cut comment spam by 90%… promise!

Provide some details for your blog
No stress, you can always change this later on.
Use only lowercase letters (a-z) and numbers.
.edublogs.org

« Go back Register Account » Create a Site »