New Offer: Learn To Blog For Free!

It’s back to school season in the Northern Hemisphere and for many teachers, this means considering a virtual space for your classroom.

Perhaps you’ve always wanted to have a class blog or get your students publishing online but you don’t know where to start?

There’s no better time to begin than right now! Up until the end of October, we’re offering a free Edublogs Pro subscription to all educators who complete our Blogging With Students course.

Blogging With Students is part of our Teacher Challenge series of free self-paced courses. It’s a great way to learn about getting started with blogging whether you’re interested in having a class blog and/or student blogs.

Here’s the deal…

• When you start the Blogging With Students course, you’ll get a one month subscription to Edublogs Pro.
  • If you complete the course (and leave a meaningful comment on each post), you’ll get a 12 month Edublogs Pro subscription.

Simple as that!

This offer is for first-time users who don’t already use Edublogs Pro and is available until October 31, 2019.

How do I get my Pro upgrade?

Organizing your upgrade is simple. All you need to do is start the Blogging With Students course and have your free Edublogs site set up. You can get your free blog by signing up on the Edublogs homepage. 

Once you’ve done these two things, simply email the Edublogs Support team with your blog URL. An example of a URL would be, http://morrisclass2019.edublogs.org

Our email address is listed below or click here to fill out a contact form.

Email support at edublogs dot org

Someone will upgrade your blog within 24 hours.

Email again when you have finished the course and we’ll extend your Pro subscription for 12 months. Make sure you’ve left a meaningful comment on each post in the course.

Everyone who completes a Teacher Challenge course also has access to a certificate and badge.

Complete our Blogging With Students course before October 31 and get a free 12 month subscription to Edublogs Pro! We'll walk you step-by-step through the process of setting up a class blog and blogging with students

What Does Edublogs Pro Offer?

A free blog is great for getting started but there are a few advantages of using Edublogs Pro.

• You can embed video and HTML code in your posts, pages, and widgets. This allows you to integrate all sorts of third-party tools into your blog like Padlet, visitor tracking widgets, Google Slides and Docs, and more.
  • You can allow your blog to be indexed by search engines like Google if you wish.
  • You will have 50GB of storage rather than 1GB. This allows you to add more photos, videos, files, and audio to your blog.
  • You can access visitor statistics in your dashboard and set up an email subscription for your readers.
  • You can use your own custom domain if this interests you.

Check out the features of our blogs at a glance in this comparison table. 

As you probably know, Edublogs is powered by WordPress which is the tool of choice for the majority of people who publish to the web in 2019 (both in and out of education). Curious to find out more about why WordPress is the best choice for student publishing? This post will help.

While Edublogs remains committed to offering free blogs for everyone, a Pro subscription is usually worth $39.95/year. This new offer is a win-win — free PD and a free virtual space for your year ahead.

About The Blogging With Students Teacher Challenge

This free, self-paced course guides you step-by-step through the process of setting up a class blog and blogging with students.

Maybe you want to just have a class blog, or perhaps you want to mainly focus on setting up blogs for your students.

This course covers both options from the start and you don’t need any prior knowledge. We start from scratch, so as long as you can navigate the internet, you’re good to go.

Teacher Challenge Blogging With Students Badge

Each step in the course includes links to class blogs being used by educators to give you ideas and inspiration.

The activities can be completed at your own pace and in any order!

Visit the Blogging With Students home page or use the menu below to check out individual steps:

Workbook

We know some teachers like to have a concrete guide to help them work through our online courses. We’ve put together an optional PDF workbook that will help to keep you on track and focused as you work through the 11 steps.

Read through the workbook below to find out more about the challenge.

Scroll down and click on the ‘download’ button under the document to save it to your computer.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

Up For A 30 Day Challenge?

Want some support and reminders as you work through the Blogging With Students Challenge?

Sign up for email reminders!

We’ll pop into your inbox every few days for 30 days and present you one step at a time. We’ll show you exactly what you need to do and offer reminders as well.

To sign up, simply enter your details in the embedded form below, or click here to open the sign-up form in your browser.

You can start at any time.

Tip: Please add support @ edublogs. org to your email contact list to make sure our emails don’t end up in your junk/spam folder! This is how to add a contact in Outlook and in Gmail.

Blogging With Students Teacher Challenge Edublogs -- Learn To Set Up A Class Blog

More Free Courses For Teachers And Students

Currently, we have three professional development opportunities on our Teacher Challenge site with more to be added in future.

For students, the Student Blogging Challenge website is home to the supported bi-annual Student Blogging Challenge and the self-paced Blogging Bootcamp.

Here’s an overview of our key professional learning opportunities for teachers and students.

Details of the 5 free courses Edublogs offers teachers and students

All our professional learning opportunities are free and open to anyone and everyone!

Any Questions?

Leave a comment below and we’ll get back to you!

7 thoughts on “New Offer: Learn To Blog For Free!

1. I see this was supposed to be at the beginning of the school year, however, I have just discovered this site! I am in an evaluation year and as my year project I wanted to create a website and blog that my students would also be a part of. I see the Student Blogging Challenge. Would this be appropriate for 5th graders who have never blogged before? Also, if I complete the course and the requirements am I also able to recieve pro for the remainder of my school year? Thank you so much! Amy Hawkins, 5th grade teacher, CA

1. Hi Amy,
      Great to hear from you. Your 5th graders are very welcome to join the Student Blogging Challenge. To make it easier for you all, you could just register as a class. Then you would just publish your responses to the weekly challenge on your class blog. Of course, you’re welcome to have your students sign up individually if you’d prefer them to have their own blogs.

Don’t worry about them being new to blogging as there are always lots of newbies.

Check out the info on this post and let’s know if you have more questions.
      https://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2020/02/24/march-announcement/

As for the upgrade offer, please email the support team [email protected]. They’ll be able to sort something out for you!

Kathleen

1. Hi Irene,
      Different schools and districts around the world have different criteria for awarding professional development credit. Therefore, we can’t guarantee our course will comply with your school’s specific PD criteria. But we hope it does! You can download a certificate when you complete the course.
      Hope that helps,
      Kathleen

2. Hi!
    I signed up for the Blogging with Students course and obviously didn’t read that could get a free EduBlog Pro upgrade for completing the course. I was wondering if that would still be available as a credit if I finish commenting each of the steps since I paid for a subscription last week? I know, just like the students, I didn’t read all o the directions carefully.

1. Hi Pamela,
      No problems! Feel free to email the support team when you’ve finished commenting and they’ll be able to sort this out for you.
      Email support @ edublogs.org
      Thanks!