Available today, you’ll find an exciting new plugin for adding videos and audio to your blog – MediaCore!

Blog-post-graphic_03

MediaCore is a cloud-based video education platform that makes it safe and easy to use video in teaching and learning.

With the new plugin, you can easily upload videos directly from your blog’s dashboard and embed videos that are already in your MediaCore account.

Best of all, there’s a free MediaCore educator account for you to get started!

A big thanks!

We want to thank Edublogs Campus user Brian Lockwood at Nanjing International School for introducing us to MediaCore.

We love when we’re able to provide new features and tools for users based directly off of feedback and suggestions we receive!

Using the plugin

Using the plugin is a breeze.

Activate the plugin and enter your MediaCore site’s information.

Then you’ll find a new icon in your post editor that takes care of all the rest.

For detailed instructions, check out our help and support guide here.

Happy video blogging!

About Ronnie Burt

Manages the Edublogs, CampusPress, and WPMU DEV Hosting services. Former secondary math teacher and wannabe musician. Follow @ronnieburt on twitter!

1. Hi,
    I’ve given mediacore a try and uploaded a short video onto two of the school Edublogs. How many minutes can an average video go for that can be uploaded?
    How do I make folders?
    I didn’t really know what to do and had my name in the URL. I’m now thinking it should be the school name. Can I change this? Can all the administrators access it?
    Thanks
    Dominica Thomson

• domthom
    • Hey Domthom,

James from MediaCore here. Thanks for checking out MediaCore and our Edublogs plugin!

Our free accounts give 5GB of total video space, and there’s no limit on these accounts of video size. The full school/uni version of MediaCore allows file uploads up to 20GB in size.

You can create ‘Collections’ (kind of like folders of media) by logging into your MediaCore site – there’s a support guide here: http://support.mediacore.com/customer/portal/articles/1004666-how-do-i-create-a-new-collection

If you’d like to change your site’s domain name, just fire support@mediacore.com an email, and we’ll sort if for you :-)

And if you’ve got any feedback on the plugin or further questions, just drop me a note at james@mediacore.com

Cheers,
      James

• jamesmediacore
  2. When I tried to sign up for the free educator’s account , it says the mediacore is not available. what am I supposed to put in the box for mediacore on the application?

• Ms. Foss
    • Hi Ms. Foss,

I wasn’t sure if the problems you are having is on Edublogs or is it on the MediaCore site?

Send us an email at support@edublogs.org for Edublogs and the MediaCore team at support@mediacore.com – we’ll make sure you get fixed up!

Thanks!

• Ronnie Burt