This is the first of what will be several big announcements from us over the coming months!

As of today, there are no more advertisements of any kind on Edublogs!

Including FREE blogs!

no-ads

But we need YOUR HELP to keep it that way.

We are close to our ONE MILLIONTH blog on Edublogs.org, and if we can break 1 million by the end of August, we’ll keep ads away, even on free blogs, forever!

counter

You can keep track with the counter right at the top of the Edublogs.org homepage.

So be sure to share this post with colleagues and friends and let them know that there has never been a better time to start blogging!

And stay tuned for several exciting new features we’ll be announcing soon. Leave a comment below with your guess as to what those new features might be ;)

About Ronnie Burt

Manages the Edublogs, CampusPress, and WPMU DEV Hosting services. Former secondary math teacher and wannabe musician. Follow @ronnieburt on twitter!

1. Pingback: Major News from Edublogs! | Tech Tools

2. Does that mean that I no longer have to pay for premium service?
    Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

Great question! Ultimately, the choice is yours. It is our hope that as we continue to improve the other features of Edublogs Pro (increased storage space, ability to embed, advanced plugins, premium themes, etc.) there is still an excellent value to keep blogs Pro.

Thanks!
      Ronnie

• I will definitely keep my own teacher blog as premium, but I have a few others that I may opt out of it now that you are ad-free. Thanks.
        Kevin

3. This is great news! I don’t mind paying the small amount for all the perks. This site is perfect for my future classes and is helping me figure out how to organize them. Thank you for having such a profession platform for my educational endeavors!

4. Glad to see that announcement! Hope that we could reach 1million soon to get rid of those ads. I’ll try to invite more people to join~

• Dave
  5. I’m so glad to hear this, Ronnie! Thanks so much. Just yesterday I recommended Edublogs to a parent who wanted to blog with her son, but I did have to tell her the free blog would have ads. Now I can tell her, and others in the futures, that is no longer the case. I love it!

I will make my blogs for next year’s class so I can help reach the one million mark!

Denise

6. Pingback: Edublogs Ad Free | The Village Green

7. Pingback: All Edublogs Are Now Ad-Free (& The Blogs Are Free, Too!) | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

8. Thank you very much Edublogs!

Chris
    Educator from the Philippines

9. Wow this is great news. Hassle free already from teachers who wants to join here.

• Bob
  10. Pingback: Ad-Free Edublogs | Kevin's Meandering Mind

11. Pingback: Ed-Tech News of the Week: Kindle Textbook Rentals, OLPC Updates, Google Scholar Citations, & More | Hack Education

12. Pingback: Unveiling Wikis, Maps, Easy Blogging, a New Look, and More! -Edublogs – education blogs for teachers, students and institutions

13. Pingback: Edublogs Celebrates 1,000,000 Blogs! - WPMU.org