It is almost too embarrassing to write about – but during a recent Edublogs Campus training session, a user asked for an explanation for what all of those icons do in the visual post editor.

I admit, I hadn’t actually played with them all before, and had to do some quick learning for a couple on the fly. Who knew the custom characters tool was there all this time!?

Thanks to my new found custom character button, I can say happy π day everyone! :)

So, here is a quick and complete list of all of the different tools available to you when editing a post:

editor

Featured Post of the Week!

king5 Lessons for Educators from “The King’s Speech

Wow. You should check out this post – even if you haven’t seen the movie! From the EFL Classroom 2.0 blog by David Deubelbeiss.

Have a post that you would like us to consider for post of the week? Send out a tweet using the hashtag #ebshare so we’re sure to see it!

Upcoming Webinars & Live Events

Join us for this week’s live events!

Thursday the 17th @ 4pm PST – Edublogs Serendipity – PD Out Of A Blue Sky

Join us in our fortnightly unconference sessions. Bring along the burning issues and hot topics YOU would like to discuss. The topic is chosen by poll at the start of the session.

If you’re interested in suggesting a topic, or even better, being a presenter, leave a comment and let us know!

Learn more about our live events here!

We hope to see you there and have a great week!

About Ronnie Burt

Manages the Edublogs, CampusPress, and WPMU DEV Hosting services. Former secondary math teacher and wannabe musician. Follow @ronnieburt on twitter!

1. Ronnie,
    Thanks for posting this. I’ve learned some new things from your post. Just a note, the Paste tools work for other programs too. We had luck copying from a Google Doc and placing it in the “Paste as Plain Text” button. (The button with the T on it.) It helps keep the formatting of the theme–size, style, color, etc. When we tried to post it directly into the edit window, it made a mess of it.
    Denise

• Hi Denise – Thanks for the comments! You caught me out as I was stuffed for limited space in the descriptions there :) Definitely good pointers!

Ronnie