The last weekend of November is here which can only mean that the holiday season has officially arrived!
At Edublogs, we love this time of year, and here is our top 10 list as to why:
- The hardworking educators and students that use Edublogs get some well deserved time off from school
- Great widgets from here make it easy to put yule logs, holiday countdowns, snowmen and more in sidebars
- A popular idea to keep students’ minds focused during the upcoming holidays is to ask them to blog while on break – and our support team will be here in case we’re needed!
- The free holiday images found here and here are perfect for blogs, class newsletters, cards, and more
- Users send us tons of chocolate and gifts – there is still time to contact us for where to send them ;)
- We announce the winners of the 2010 Edublog Awards on December 15th
- There is so much excitement about how blogging is impacting student learning, and those sharing their experience are about to win BIG!
- All of the student mentors of the Student Blogging Challenge are about to receive their Edublogs Pro subscriptions as our way of saying thanks
- We all have an excuse to turn on the “Let It Snow” plugin (see the Plugins menu in your dashboard) on our blogs
- And we all get to spend time with our families!
Here’s to a great holiday season from the Edublogs team!
(See our CEO James, our support guru Sue, and myself getting in the spirit below!)
This week in the Edublog world
Want to share a post, ask others to visit a blog for comments, or show off cool student work?
Use the hashtag #ebshare to let us know so we can re-tweet it for you!
Featured Edublog of the Week
An excellent middle school science class blog!
Find more great blogs like this one in our International Edublogs Directory.
Upcoming Webinars & Live Events
Join us for next week’s live events!
Wednesday the 1st @ 9:30am PST – What can you do with your Edublog!?
An informal chat where any of your blogging questions can be answered by our staff.
Thursday the 2nd @ 4pm PST – Edublogs Fine Focus
Join us for our fortnightly “Fine Focus” sessions each week. In these sessions we range across a variety of topics and include discussion (“Talk Time”), how to use various applications (“Techie How To”), and using technology in the classroom (“Tools and Strategies”). In fact anything “e-” that is of interest to educators!
Recent Posts You Might Have Missed
- How to get the most out of online tools
- How to get MORE educators using ed tech
- Edublog Awards News -Tips on making sure your nominations count
Summing it up
As you can see, December is a busy and exciting month.
Make sure to add a bit of festive cheer to your blog if you’d like and have an excellent holiday season!