This week, we unveiled our top 10 ways to use Edublogs.

To be honest, narrowing it down to only ten was no easy task.  Hopefully, the list might spark a new idea on how you can use your Edublog.

You can click the link above to read the complete list or watch the video below.

What do you think?

Did we get it just right or is there something you would have liked to see make the list?

You can submit a comment below and even better, leave a link to your blog if you have an example to share!

About Ronnie Burt

Manages the Edublogs, CampusPress, and WPMU DEV Hosting services. Former secondary math teacher and wannabe musician. Follow @ronnieburt on twitter!

1. #11 – Have Students Create Electronic Portfolios!

Students can create pages on their blog for their best works, reflect on those best works, and receive comments. Parents, other teachers and peers can see the student’s best works and leave comments.

• @Tyler – definitely agree! In fact, we’re working on putting together resources to help with just that to be released soon. :)

• Ronnie
      • I had students blog best works and reflections last year. This year I plan to have them formalize their best works and reflections a bit more. Edublogs is a great platform to use!

• Hi Tyler,
          Would you be available to share some successes and challenges about using edublogs for student portfolios? I would like to do the same thing and could use some tips!
          Patrick Salmasi
          Patrick.Salmasi@ssfs.org

• Patrick
    • Great idea Tyler. portfolio’s assessment has become more commonplace in schools because it allows teachers to assess student development over periods of time. I strongly agree with you Tyler.

2. I am a Librarian who has used edublogs to communicate with my students, staff and parents since last November. I use pages as links to lists of suggested online resources, promote books with book trailers/videos and have a widget powered by LibraryThing for a visual display of books that are on order and coming soon to the library shelves. Not the typical “teacher” blog but I’d love for you to come take a peek:
    http://thebeak.edublogs.org

• thebeak
  3. Hi,
    I’ve been using edublogs to keep a classroom blog since early Feb this year, and my kids love it. we embed slideshows that we create using widgets online, references to their readings and reflections, other programs that we have discovered online that we want to share with other classes at our school etc … I have just added all my year 5 students personal blogs onto our class blog. they’re starting to add their Student Led Conference information in there next week, so it’ll act as a digital portfolio of sorts. We love our blog!
    http://5cathie.edublogs.org

Cheers & Thanks
    Cathie :)

4. I just started http://www.teacherprimer.com for teachers and now I’m realizing the power of individual blogs for my students. I can’t wait to get started this school year. One week to go! Thanks for the great information.