One of our most popular (and customizable) themes, Mandigo, now has a great big customizable header too!

Head on over to your ‘Presentation’ area select it, and enjoy the massive amount of flexibility.

And, after you’ve done that, please let us know in the comments below any improvements to existing theme or new types of themes you’d like to see at Edublogs… we’ll do our best to make you happy :)

1. I teach students with varying degrees of learning difficulties and would love a theme designed with non readers in mind!

The internet has made available wonderful visual resources that we all enjoy. I personally can’t wait for the release of the World Wide Telescope! See the TED talk.

It would be wonderful if I could develop a blog to use as a portal to the Internet for my visual learners.

maybe it could incorporate Picture tabs for navigation, and large type?

2. how do make an avitar

• james212
  3. Karen-
    That’s a stroke of genius!

4. @Karen – Good idea indeed!

@james212 – log in and visit My Profile > Your Avatar

5. It would be great if the Newsportal 1.0 theme was customizable – e.g. to change the size/shape or even picture in the header, and the colours of the whole thing. :)

6. Would it ever be possible to chop that growing presentations page into multiple pages, enabling faster page loads? It’s not horrible as it is, but it would be slick.

7. I teach 8th graders and we are looking for some cool themes, music, skateboarding, techno. I request more seasonal themes, spring flowers, and cool oceans.

8. Hi there,
    I think it’d e nice if all themes had the big RSS button we find on Citrus IslandWB and Copyblogger, for instance. I’ve used Newsportal and now I’m currently using Blue Zinfandel Enhanced 2.0, but neither has this feature.
    However, I believe you’ve been doing a fantastic job trying to give users more. Students have actually been talking about the themes.

9. I would love to see some kind of book/reading theme that we could import pictures or student art into.

10. Great ideas everyone, very much appreciated, pleasekeep them coming!

11. I would totally love something frog related simply because I am completely not artistic and my entire theme for my 2nd graders is frogs. Our “Daily Hop” would look so much better if it actually had frogs on it….

• rlwood
  12. I’d like to see more subject-specific themes. I’d like to be able to change the theme according the unit we’re teaching. Maybe a chemistry theme, an earth science theme, an astronomy theme, etc.

13. something about kids and school

• 4thgrade
  14. Can we add a slideshow in the sidebar yet?

• blk1
  15. A request from my grade – can we have color options on more themes (Pink Kupy, for example, was popular until they discovered it only comes in pink. Otherwise I guess it would be Colored Kupy but try telling my kids that!)?

A request from their teacher – I’d love the kids, who are authors (I am the head honcho, the administrator of their blogs) to have presentation rights. It would save me so much time and allow them to alter their blogrolls and widgets! I don’t see what harm it could do, when they can already post without my moderation (but do tell me if I have missed something). Please?

16. Correction to my post – the kids are editors, not authors. I’m not sure of the difference anyway. :-)

17. Since I work with younger students, it would be great to be able to create a more kid-friendly interface for them to interact with when they log into the site. And I second the idea of being able to use larger type!

• Lisa
  18. Larger type would be great for me too, as sometimes when we can’t get to a computer lab, I project the computer onto the screen at the front of the room, and we read comments students have left. If we could use a bigger font, students wouldn’t have to squint when we do that!

19. Question on the forums option:
    Will that allow for threads to the original prompt and also specific responses?

• blk1
  20. Hello Mrs Key
    This is cool maybe i should get more of my friends to sign up here too:D

• bleu2
  21. Hello,

I have used Mandigo and I actually liked it. I’m using a different style for my page now. I geuss I like to change things up a bit. Well, a lot of people are using now. I like to be some what original. But, keep the cool stuff coming!

• reactor
  22. I am in Air Force JROTC and i want a background with like planes or the air force symbol on it!!

• newzealandchk
  23. Hi,
    I really like using the Anubis theme with my library blog, but would love to be able to customise the colours so that it can be matched to the library home page colours. Any chance?

Thanks for all the wonderful work you all put into Edublogs!

Michelle Sweeney

• Mrs Sweeney
  24. Elementary school themes. Especially will lots of stars!

• soppstar
  25. There are some really classy designs available but there’s only 2 available with 4 columns. I’d like an elegant, professional looking 4 column design with a not-too-big-or-dominating books-and-reading theme, please, and I want my tag line to show. I’d like it to have one of those instantly recognisable little orange RSS gizmos instead of the word RSS, with lots of widgets, especially a search-my-site one.
    Also, on my wordpress blog, http://lisahillschoolstuff.wordpress.com/ my dashboard shows up at the top of the blog, which is handy, but on Edublogs http://lisahill.globalteacher.org.au/ (where I’ve been blogging my progress with Learning Library 2.0) it doesn’t.
    Thank you!
    Lisa Hill, Mossgiel Park PS (new to the world of edublogging, but keen *grin*)

26. How about collapsible divisions? That would be the ultimate in cool! :)

• robertbdouglas