Christmas comes early at edublogs this year, partly because the day itself isn’t much known for teaching and learning ;), partly because we want to give the team a break… and partly because we just wanna spread some cheer!

So, as of today you should have, available in your edublog:

• A snazzy new editor option (click it to get more editing options :)
  • Tags for every post (and also on every theme!) – tag clouds for your sidebars etc. all coming soon
  • Ten swanky new themes to choose from (two of which are pictured below)

Unfortunately there are a few hiccoughs associated with the gift (sorry) which include:

• Themes switching back to the defaults one (FIX: just go back into ‘Presentation’ and choose the original theme)
  • /s appearing in your titles and taglines (FIX: Just edit them out under ‘Options’)

Sorry for the bother with these, with one hand we giveth and with the other we annoyeth!

But most importantly, have a happy Christmas and new year from all of us here at edublogs, and we can’t wait to bring you even more goodies in 2008!

1. Any way we can track how many people visit our blog. I do it with my regular wordpress blog, which is similar, but can’t do it here? I want to see how many parents visit our class website.

Merry Christmas….teachers love the break as much as the kids!!!!

2. Always wanted a tag cloud…. and now I have one! What a Christmas prsesent. Many thanks and a Happy Christmas to one and all :)

3. Google Analytics plugin :)

You’ll be amazed at what it’l show you (it’s about a billion times more detailed that what wordpress.com delivers)

4. James what happened to the link in the dashboard to technorati?

5. They got replaced by links to google blogsearch… better results, quicker response times (I think) It was a core WP decision (which usually makes it a good idea to go along with)

6. Happy Holidays, James. Thanks for all of your hard work around here.

-drmike

7. James: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, thanks so much for this site, my ESOL class is having so much fun! I never got the Flickr pics to work but used Photbucket to post our class photos. Again thanks!

• msnance
  8. Hello all – just starting out. Any advice of where i should start would be appreciated.

• oneill15
  9. Thanks James for the wonderful Free service you provide, with continual updates and changes. I hope you had a nice Christmas and I wish you a wonderful New Year

10. Hi, I am wondering if there is any way of installing a counter on my page. It would be nice to see how many of my students or their parents are actually taking advantage of this form of communication?

11. I love Christmas and find it to the be the best time of year.

• lhurley
  12. Pingback: What’s The Difference Between Tags and Categories, You Ask?

13. I love christmas to it is my favorite holiday

• kaitlynchurch
  14. Pingback: The Difference Between Tags and Categories | English Class