We’ve been testing it for a while, and all looks good, so time to make it official… edublogs has gone and got itself a case of CommentPress.

What is CP? Well, it’s a spanking theme from the Institute for the Future of the Book that “allows readers to comment paragraph by paragraph in the margins of a text”.

Likeso:

Commentpress sample

Pretty neat huh!

So what can you do with it well, I reckon there could be some pretty neat papers, thesi (sp?) or plain old posts put together using this theme. Or, whatabout support guides, lesson plans or anything else that could be fed back on but by bit. And that’s just my limited imagination. Here are some more examples.

You can even use it as a plain old blog theme.

So, visit ‘Presentation’ and give it a whirl… happy commenting!

1. Very nice indeed! Now we’ll all have to start writing long enough pieces that can actually need paragraph by paragraph commentary and collective re-writing! :)

• Tama
  2. Or create a brand new blog for your phd… oh, you already did that ;)

3. This is very interesting, indeed. Do you recommend creating a new blog with CommentPress as the theme? There isn’t anyway to display a static page in CommentPress while retaining my current blog theme &, I think more importantly, format. I’m a little apprehensive of students getting lost.

4. Hi everyone…I’m farily new to edublogs, but not to blogging. I have a question regarding the comments on the blogs…besides this layout (commentpress), is there a theme that lets you reply to individual comments? (i.e. a threading system)

ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated…my teacher and I are tearing our hair out.

Thanks!
    Julia

• xjuliax
  5. Hiya,

I think you’d be better off at the forums with that Q – and no, we don’t thread comments at the moment.

6. Just put the finishing touches on a “collaborative annotated etext” site for my Western Humanities III clas next semester. I can hardly wait to use it in class for recitation and discussion and outside of class for posting vocabulary, questions, reactions.

Ah the luxury of the community college classroom and the gift of deep reading ONE text for 16 weeks!

Check it out, its locked for commenting to class members in Spring, but I hope you get a feel for what an amazing tool this can be, and SO simple to put up too.

http://www.pierre.edublogs.org

7. Hi,

I would like you guys to consider testing and adding scholarpress (see: http://scholarpress.net/) also, or at least scholarpress-courseware. I think there’s a lot of benefit for all edublogusers in giving them more examples of structured blogging.

Keep up the good work!

Greetings and a merry christmas to you all.

8. Thanks for the suggestion… it’s very much in our minds!

9. Pingback: Blogging May Change the Future of Publishing : The Blog Herald

10. Pingback: Blogging May Change the Future of Publishing « Paul kurzeja