Upgrades have come to edublogs :)

Yep, we’ve only got one little baby in place at the moment (you can upgrade to 1Gig upload space for $25 a year) but we’re going to be adding more and more (like running an edublog at your own domain) so that, if you so choose, you can really take your edublog to the next level.

All you have to do is click on ‘Upgrades’ in the menu bar, buy some credits and go on a spending spree…

And, what’s more, you can even give edublog credits to other users as presents!

Upgrade!

Also, naturally we remain completely committed to providing and improving edublogs completely free of charge!

Happy uploading…

1. What a cool idea! Though at the moment I seem to be linking to photos in Flickr or Photobucket mostly… How can you find out how much space your blog is using?
    I’m still hanging out though for the ability to use my own domain though… that will be cool. Any ideas on dates for this?
    Also I noticed a few other widgets on the WordPress.com site the other day… tagclouds, top posts, top hits, etc… that looked very tasty! Any chance of them in EB soon? ;-) Top Posts and Tag Cloud would be especially cool to have.
    Chris

2. Glad you like it :)

There’s a new tab in your upload area which shows you how much of your quota you’ve used (incidentally, we provide 100MB free space whereas wp.com only provide 50 :)

Domains coming very soon.

As will tag clouds and top posts! And hopefully a few more surprises!

Thanx for the feedback!

3. I really need to cut down on the :)s and !s ;)

4. Me too. ;-)

5. I would have done it in a minute with a credit card, but not with paypal. Had some bad experiences there.

6. Yeah, me too. I do not use paypal.

7. Sorry, but when you need a simple API to integrate with – paypal is the only real option… I know they’re not perfect – but I’ve also used them for years and years with only a few small grumbles.

8. This is a new and exciting communication tool for educational purposes. It’s a “giant step” forward.

• chum
    • /
    • /
  9. I wish I could figure out how to add an avatar.

• nevali
    • /
    • /
  10. What are USD’s? Do I have to buy the credit with real money?

• pg13
    • /
    • /
  11. Options > Avatar

Yes, real cold hard cash.

12. How much for each USD? And I thought that edublogs was,is, and will remain free? Whats up with that?

• pg13
    • /
    • /
  13. Um, click on ‘Upgrades’ and read all about it. And edublogs is, and will remain, free.