With our new design there are some new ways you can promote, share, biggup and generally pimp your edublog.

First up there are ‘blogs of the hour’ – this is determined by which blogs across the community had the most readers in the last hour and is updated every 20 minutes. We prefer this to ‘of the day’ as it reflects different edubloggers in different timezones, and therefore profiles more great blogs.

BUT in order to really get the most out of it, you’re gonna want to upload an avatar (Options > Avatar) so get uploading!

blogs of the hour

Then there’s the ‘edublogs universe’ lower down on the frontpage… a brilliant way to find interesting edublogs and individual posts. It’s simple to get involved in this, just use categories when you;re posting (here’s a how to).

edublog tags

Here’s a great article too about how one edublogger is using tags.

If you know any other great ways to get your edublog noticed, let us know about them!

1. Bienvenido al blog de Farah…

2. Welcome to Science Room 416
    My goal is to create a classroom environment that will help all students:
    guild a solid science vocabulary
    Gain a strong understanding of key scientific principles and topics
    See how science is related to other disciplines
    Effectively prepare for standardized assessments
    See science as worthwhile and meaningful
    Develop thinking skills and the ability to challenge assumptions, think creatively, and solve real-life problems.
    Have fun.

3. I am just beginning and need the most basic help I can get! What is the best way to have my students use my blog to complete on-line English assignments? I have the bare bones of a blog set up but need much more. I don’t really know anything and am doing a Masters Program so have very little time to look around. Any specific suggestions?

• sawyerv
  4. To Sawyerv

Have your students write their assignment and post them as comments. Comments generally don’t allow much formatting–APA style reference pages would be very hard to manage. You could moderate the comments so that students could not see each others’ answers until the deadline for the assignment passes. Moderation takes only a few clicks,

You could let set your students up as contributors to your blog, (see the Users tab), and they could post from there. However, your feedback to them will be public, so you’ll need another venue (email?) for keeping grades private.

Blogging may not be the most effective way to collect papers, depending on the kind of class you are teaching and what kinds of assignments you make. It would be a good discussion board for a small class, but a forum style group might be easier to manage, something like yahoo groups.

Feel free to contact me through my blog. I have several years experience teaching English online for the U. of Phoenix, and I just finished an MA blended/online. I have taught traditional courese in junior college and high school as well.

5. Pingback: Wandering the Web at night | My Technology Addictions