We love out widgets here at edublogs, we surely do, and there’s nothing so much that brings a smile to our faces than some swinging sidebar shenanigans!

And, given that, I’m delighted to officially unveil out Twitter and VodPod widgets:

Widgets at edublogs

As ever, just click through to ‘Presentation’ > ‘Widgets’ and you’ll be able to select these two which allow you add your latest, ahem, ‘tweets’ to your sidebar and all your fave VodPod videos.

1. What I’d really like to to be able to have a widget that shows me my Library Thing library – covers and all. The Library site gives me the javascript to do it on blogger, but for some reason, edublogs doesn’t seem to support it

2. I’m having trouble with my ShowYourselfWidget on http://yestech.edublogs.org/. I’m in a class with Alice Barr and the code seems similar on hers, but mine is not displaying correctly.

3. I don’t believe we have a widget by that name, could you post some more information (code, steps you are taking) in the forums please: http://edublogs.org/forums

4. Hey ggannell,

I got my Librarything widget to work. You can see mine at ihancock.edublogs.org.

I just went to Librarything, clicked on the tools button, selected my settings then copied the code. Once I had the code I went to the widgets on edublogs, chose a text box to insert in the side column and posted my code in there saving it after.

Hope that helps. I’m trying to get my shutterchance photos as a widget on my blog but I haven’t figured out how to do that yet.

Good luck
    Ian

5. Oh dear!! Now my sidebar looks so empty!!

I also wouldn’t mind a blogroll widget as well for my link.

Here is the code for it:

Thanks
    Ian

6. Sorry :(

We will have a fix soon though, promise… you can use the ‘Links’ widget to display your blogroll?

7. What about the cloud tags’ widget for edublogs and a stats counter?

8. tag clouds for individual blogs coming soon (edublogs as a whole also arriving shortly) and some internal stats too… in the meantime you can always use Google Analytics, but I know what you mean about having it as a widget.

9. I can’t get my blogroll or links to show up on my sidebar. Any suggestions?

10. ‘Links’ widget

11. I have it in the sidebar box. It is not showing up on the blog’s sidebar

12. Any further update on the previously mentioned LibraryThing issue?

13. My links will not show up either. I have them listed in my BlogRoll but they don’t show up even though I have the widget. Ideas?

14. You have to use the librarything widgetbox widget at the moment – and that blogroll things is odd, we’re looking into it!

15. I want to put gcast into my sidebar…can I do that?

• lynnardrc
  16. Can I have a different blogroll on each page of my blog?

• jmalinasky
  17. Please refer any questions you have to the forums.