We’ve been thinking for some time that Edublogs needs to be a little more like MySpace… Heh, well, not really… but there are some great features that MySpace offers, one of them being the ubiquitous music player.

So, on Edublogs you can now pimp, play and generally share your favourite music with the world. Just go to Presentation > Sidebar Widgets and select the ‘Sonific Songspot’.

sonific.jpg

… play on!

1. Music makes everything better. Lets pimp out our edublogs. Woohoo!

2. Nice widget. Will this make our edublogs a lot heavier?

3. Shouldn’t make them much heavier at all… especially if you choose for the music not to start straight off. And not heavier whatsoever if you don’t use it :)

4. I’m having a little trouble getting it to work. Anyone know which location option to use to make it work. I’ve tried embedding. Also, I am unsure about the “uuid”. Can anyone help me out?

5. I cannot seem to find this option with the Hemmingway theme. Is it possible?

6. Hi Mrs B, go to Presentation > Sidebar widgets, drag and drop the ‘Sonific songspot’ widget to your sidebar and click on the box on the side of it (not that clear, I know).

You’ll then see a link that takes you to sonific to start up an account with them.

Hemmingway needs fixing up for widgets groher… we’ll get onto it asap, thanks for reminding us!

7. woo hoo!

8. Are we allowed to say “pimp” on our edublogs? LOL!

9. Only if you also sport some blog bling ;)

10. Hi there, I am the co-founder and CEO of Sonific.com. Happy to see you guys discuss Sonific! We have just added 125.000 new tracks (see details here http://www.gerdleonhard.net/2007/06/sonific-adds-12.html) – lots of great stuff by Frank Sinatra, Muddy Waters, Charlie Parker, Ninja Tunes, Billy Bragg… etc. If you don’t find a lot of hit songs / top 100 tracks right now, though, it is because the major labels have not been paying enough attention yet (and we need their licenses for each track that we use). We will be publishing an ‘using songspots on edublog’ guide soon, too, in the meantime you can use the wordpress guide: http://sonific.com/home/guide_wordpress
    If you are a band or artist, btw, you can now add your own music at http://www.sonific.net, too!

Lastly, we will be launching playlists shortly, too… to add more than a single track.

Enjoy.

11. Will Edublogs Premium be getting this option as well?

12. Absolutely :)

13. Music makes everything better from blogs to education. We are lucky to have these new resources.

• Lisa
  14. Music woud make educatoin alot easier here on edublogs!

• josh4