For your presentation delectation we’ve just uploaded a heap of new themes.

They’re all ‘widget friendly’ (check out the ‘Widget tab under the presentation bar) and  many allow customisation of site headers (in theme options).
Have a play and let me know if there are any bugs or issues.

1. James, With K2 (and others) and the text widget I can finally place a Creative Commons license exactly where and how I want it! Thank-you so much for this upgrade because, as you know, this was my only ongoing issue with hosting on edublogs! Now it’s perfect … give yourself a big pat on the back! :)

• Tama
  2. Okay, one tiny little bug: using K2 when I try and customise the header image I see this: “ERROR:

/home/edublogs/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/1615/files/ is missing.

To create this directory please simply upload an image in your write area and then return here.”

I’ve tried uploading an image via the Write function as suggested, but the error message is still there … any suggestions? :)

• Tama
  3. Aw shucks… I need to look into that!

Cheers, James

• James
  4. Hi, I don’t have a ‘Widget, tab under the presentation bar. So how can I access the widgets? Thanks for the help. – Tim

5. It’s on for about 50% of the themes at the mo… it will be all in teh end but have a play around with some new ones (Freshy, regulus etc.) and it’ll be there.

• James
  6. I am looking forward to the widget tab appearing on Pool theme, as I am used to it on my other WordPress blogs. Is there another theme here that has a width of 550 pixels with widgets that would be easy for me to switch to until Pool is updated? I am doing photo albums of students and a same-width theme would be useful to know. Otherwise, I’ll just have to play around until I find one …

7. I’ll fix that up soon.

• James
  8. I had a message typed in in my about page, I then returned to fix a couple of typos… saved the changes and my about page has disapeared, wondering if i can get that page back up or no. I had it set as my intro page so that when you first log in to my edublog, that was the first thing that you would see. It’s now changed to see my latest posting. I’d really like to change it back, any ideas as to how I would do that?

9. Hi James, A favour please? Can you wipe out my blog completely, its more or less unused, I blog elswhere, and it clogs up my mail with spam moderation messages. you can find the blog as markvanharmelen.edublogs.org

Maybe there might be a concern as to if this is a comment from a genuine mark or itself just spam. My email address is in the blog records somewhere, please email me if you have your doubts.

thanks / regards
    mark

10. James,
    I love the new themes and widgets! I’ve been playing around with them and found a couple of issues you may want to know about.

On the vistered little theme (very cool by the way), I am haivng trouble with the archives section…it won’t disappear when I add a widget (even an archive widget), but the archive section doesn’t have links to any prior posts so I don’t want it there. Also, when I try to set the blog to only display a certain number of posts, it will continue to display all of them. Is this part of the theme?

On the Andreas09, when I add widgets in the right column, they appear fine in some resolutions, but they are on top of the posts in others.

I know you are working hard to resolve these issues. :) Just thought I’d let you know.

Tina

11. You can easily recreate an about page – just call a page ‘About’.

Mark, you can easily delete your blog under ‘Options’

Tina thanks muchly for the feedback – v. much appreciated – I’ll look into it

• James
  12. I have looked all over the forums and discussions and can’t seem to find an answer to my question, so my apologies in advance.

Any way you could add Hemingway to the available themes for edublogs? Because I’m needing to appeal to a collegiate audience, I’d like to have a more professional and simple looking and functioning theme; most of the available themes are rather garish and lack a more sophisticated aesthetic.

Feedback (implementation :) ) would be appreciated.

DS

13. I just recently used Andreas09 to create my first WordPress blog. I went to the presentation tab and added some widgets before realizing that the new widgets “hide” the things that were already in the theme.
    HOW do I delete the widgets so that my information will return? When I try to drag the widgets back into the selection box, they do not stay…they go back to the sidebar.
    I have changed theme for now so that what I need to show will show, but if you could give me some help on that other problem, it surely will help me to learn.

I do appreciate any help! I will be working with others on createing a blog so I will pass it forward!

• vwbb
  14. To James: thanks for looking into adding widgets to Pool sometime.

To DS: Pool has cool, sleek, simple styling. It is not garish, and you can upload your own choice of header image to personalise it. Before I found edublogs, I began using WordPress for teacher-parent information; Pool is common to both and seems acceptable to adults. For example, here’s one teacher blog with my own photo uploaded.

inelon behalf of Mrs. Powell

15. Hemmingway on the cards (although I think some of the others are quite sophist).

You just drag the widgets back to the widget box and update.

Can you guys try to post in the forums in future please.

• James
  16. Hemmingway & Pool *(with widgets) now available.

• James
  17. Thank you very much. Wow, ask and ye shall receive…

Thank you again.

DS

18. Thank you so much for adding widgets to Pool, James. Yippee!

FYI, just a tiny glitch: yesterday I set up four RSS feeds with several posts each, and gave the feeds 24 hours to settle. The RSS feed titles showed up immediately (yesterday) but the titles of posts are still not being displayed. However, this is not a big deal for me (just something to add to your list of things to look into one day) and I am pleased to see how quickly you responded to my question. Thanks again.

19. James, the widgets are absolutely wonderful. MU and WordPress has come a long way since you set up my first blog, tikiwiki, and Moodle.

Thank you!!!