This is a soft launch (will email everyone later) of the all new edublogs.org forums.

As some of you may remember I experimented with a forums area using Drupal a while back but it didn’t have any real impact so this time there’s a few serious improvements.

It’s using the excellent bbPress (thanks Matt :) which is not just great forum software but is also integrated with the edublogs.org database so that all you have to do to sign in is to use your regular edublogs.org username and password. We might even be able to do this with cookies down the line so you’re auto-logged in but I’m pretty happy with it so far!

Here’s the RSS feed to keep up with what’s going down.

So do go over, make some requests, share some bugs, tell people about your great edublogs… the floor is yours!

1. Well James, is it time to do your magic with those side bars so I can put up a cluster map, flickr badge, other bells and whistles that are fun to add to your networking style. I know too much can spoil the message, but I like to experiment and figure out how these adjuncts might help with the message. I do like my edu blogs but I would like those features.

Grateful and appreciative,

Brent

2. All in the pipeline :)

• James