Hmmmm, seems like users who have upgraded to FF 1.5 are having some problems posting to their blogs. Am on holidays at the moment but will do my best to sort this out asap, in the meantime IE will work (never thought I’d say that!)

1. Actually Safari works too :-) Even if you can’t use the fancy editor.

2. Actually, I am having trouble editing with IE today, and I set up my blog a few days ago without problems….

• JAnsbach
  3. every time I save during editing I get the *div tags that multiply and as a consequence the whole page goes off kilter.

we spoke about this in the past.

4. Note that my version is 1.0.7 not 1.5

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr-FR; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050919 Firefox/1.0.7

5. You have to write “index.php” at the end of mu.wordpress.org so it is mu.wordprewss.org/index.php

I hope this will work for you.

Sorry for my english, I am french :-)

6. Pingback: The Wales-Wide Web

7. Our bloggers are having trouble posting. When they click on the button to post a comment, they get kicked to a blank page that says “Sorry, posting has been closed for the time being.”

I’m not sure what to do about this? Is this a temporary problem?

8. My bloggers are getting the same “posting is closed” comment.

• JAnsbach
  9. Can you send me a sample url james / at / incsub / dot / org and I’ll see what I can do… upgrade just round the corner too… promise!

• James
  10. Could you try now… I’ve removed a couple of plugins that may have been causing the problem… let me know.

• James
  11. My bloggers are still getting the same “posting is closed” comment. I had them try again after I read your last post.

12. Someone had trouble commenting on my blog too today. She managed to leave one comment but then couldn’t leave any on other posts. Luckily she e-mailed me with them.

13. Have tried with IE and FF and both work OK with Linda’s… what browsers are people using?

Jackie, you’re gonna have to give me your blog address so I can test it out.

• James
  14. Hi Jackie, I think that it was just a Theme issue so I’ve switched themes for you and now commenting seems to work just fine.

• James
  15. Thanks so much James. I’ve asked a couple bloggers to give it another try. Thanks again, and TGIF!!! :)

16. James – it’s Friday the 13th, and I’ve heard back from one of my bloggers that she is still unable to post. I gave her this URL to get to the blog: http://sigma.edublogs.org/2005/08/18/hello-world/#comments
    so she could get right to the posting page. Should I use another address?
    I also asked her what browser she’s using, and she uses Mozilla Firefox.

17. James,
    I wrote earlier about the posting problem with Firefox 1.5 where the content disappears – now I put one of my classes up on Uniblog.org and everyone had the same problem. Switching to Safari or IE (on Macs) did the trick, but still…we use Firefox.

• Wayne Batchelder
  18. Me too (which is why I can;t understand exactly what the problem is). Am hoping upcoming upgrade will fix it, thanks for bearing with me in the meantime and sorry for the very understandable stress.

• James
  19. Hi, I’ve had similar problems with foxire, but posted text easily using safari. I am unable to upload photos using foxfire, though. Any suggestions?

• Pat
  20. Sorry all, hang on in there just a few more days!

• James