If you care to take a stroll over to to the ‘Presentation’ tag at the top of your blog you should be pleasantly surprised… I’ve added a heap more themes, with screenshots and tried to make them all ‘edublogs.org’ friendly so that there aren’t any error messages or links you can’t edit… let me know if you find any bugs and I’ll fix ’em up.

1. Pingback: How Do You MU?

2. I have shown a colleague my edublog – and she says why the h**l don’t you use Blogger (Blogspot) and this enables other users to blog on your site without having to create their own account. Blogger also has easy photo upload. Could you provide a rational case for using Edublog over other open source sites such as Blogger?
    Many thanks

• stormin
  3. 1. blogspot / blogger is a generic site, this is geared specifically ayt educational blogging

2. You get to chat with and make decisions about wher ethis goes with me :)

3. WordPress is better than (and getting moreso) than blogger

4. Photo upload is on the way (it’s just a glitch at the moment)

5. Blogger is absolutely NOT open source

Um, and some more but I’m too tired right now… good idea for a post though, thanx!

• James
  4. Free blogging sites are often firewalled in education networks. While we can see individual blogs at both blogspot and blogger in our District no one can post or view comments. Given some of the questionable content at the free blogs you can expect them to remain unavailable to many teachers and students from their work locations.

• Kim C.
  5. Could you add Regulus as a theme? It looks very cool.

http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/2005/12/regulus-20/

Thanks!
    LD

P.S. It says in my Edublogs Plugins tab that you should upload new plugins to wp-content/plugins. I can’t figure out how to do that.

• Liz Dorland
  6. Have already tried to put regulus in but with no luck so far…. will keep on trying though.

Re: plugins, yep, you can’t install your opwn plugins but you can ask me to do it for you. All part of an edublogs Chrissie present that’s just around the corner!

• James
  7. Thanks James. I’ll watch for developments. LD

• Liz D.