To celebrate the impending 1000th blog at edublogs.org I’ve created a Drupal based edublogs.org community.

To participate all you need to do is role on over there, grab yourself a username (synching databases falls, um, into the ‘too hard’ basket ;) and get posting.

Please feel encouraged to share your blog, your questions and your feature requests and ideas for edublogs.org…. see ya over there!

1. 1001! Any idea who got the thousandth edublog, James? Did you grab it yourself as a well-deserved souvenir?

2. Nope, the 1000th blog is this guy: http://terryw.edublogs.org/

Is he in for some midnights-childrens-esque experience I wonder?

• James
  3. The title of his blog set me to singing: Springtime for Terry and Edublogs…

4. I am an educational consultant interested in RSS and blogging in schools in the uk. A couple of questions for you:

If students are using edublog, do you scan for a list of banned words?

Can you set up a blog that does not allow comments to be posted?

Can blogs be moderated by the teacher before they go online?

Thanks,

John

5. Hi John…

no, yes and bad idea

If you want to ‘vet’ stuff then I suggest you run a firewalled multiblog instillation or use something like Elgg.

• James
  6. Well, with edublogs, you can set it up so that comments can only be seen once an admin sees them…i believe?

7. I am a newbie ! Great stuff guys !

• Lisa