I’m going to try an upgrade in the next hour or so…. among other things you should get a taste of the new WordPress WSYWIG editor (all together now, wooooo) so please bear with me if there’s any disruption to service.

Update: Hmmm… haven’t *quite* got the test site sorted yet so will have to delay a bit :)

1. James, this seems as good a time/place as any to ask… do you back up the edublogs?

2. Not touching the database, just a code at teh front end so we should be fine.

The edublogs themselves get backed up every 24 hours so that’s pretty safe.

Hopefully there we shoudl be able to introduce some individual dbase backups too soon.

• James
  3. If we already have set up at v1.5 WP blog through Incsub and want to upgrade, how do you recommend to proceed? My WP 1.5 site was just a test but has some small amount of work worth saving.

• rick
  4. Hi Rick,

If you want to switch to edublogs then I’m not entirely sure about how we’d import / export… I have no plans to delete existing blogs (incsub or otherwise) though so no worries there!

Cheers, James

• James
  5. On a similar note, James, do you have any notion of what the lifespan of edublogs is likely to be? In this context, I could take “No” for an answer…

6. The plan is ‘forever’… barring unfortunate encounters with buses etc. (but I hope to have even that covered asap)

• James
  7. Pingback: a tech monk speaks

8. I have recently created a blog to use with my online freshman English class. I don’t know how to categorize it – do I say English? College? something else?
    Thanks.

• Marjorie Hoskinson
  9. Whatever feels best for you Marjorie!

• James